Thread: IPIU: Has high level of professionalism and respect.

IPIU: Has high level of professionalism and respect.

I can't praise enough, that the most important benefit of membership in the International Private Investigators Union IPIU, as having a high level of professionalism and respect in the forums!

I am sure that among the reasons for a career change is the lack of high caliber etiquette! For some reason, many corporations believe that simple manners and human courtesies are not important in the business sector!

I have worked in places where just saying hello as you pass someone, was an inconvenience, because they would have to answer back! Not to mention belittlement, no eye contact and not giving credit when it was due or taking credit when it wasn't.

While we may never be able to avoid people with poor behavior skills, IPIU is so refreshing!!! It makes reading the forums a pleasure!
    Diana DeClue

Badge #6850
    "Work smarter - not harder"

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Diana,

I think we worked at the same place.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

We're here now!

...and I truly enjoy our conversations!
    Diana DeClue

Badge #6850

Diana,

So we are.

And I enjoy our conversations, also.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Re: More membership benefits...

Originally posted by Diana Declue
    I can't praise enough, that the most important benefit of membership in IPIU, is the high level of professionalism and respect in the forums!...While we may never be able to avoid people with poor behavior skills, IPIU is so refreshing!!! It makes reading the forums a pleasure!
    Diana,

I could not agree more! I'd add more but, well, you said it! Have a great night!

Badge # 6758

I agree too. It is refreshing to work with people that have at least a shred of professionalism in them.

Jeff

Thumbs up Thanks everyone!

I have to say that I have read many professional posts, and am so glad that it is an important priority here at IPIU.

We may need each other down the line for an assignment. I know I'm willing to help if I am asked. I have been so enthusiastic since I joined, that I decided to mentor a co-worker on professionalism. She is conscientious, but is young and needs some polishing. I approached her that I would love to be a mentor and she was more than willing!

So what comes around, goes around.

This place has a way of making you want to pay it forward!
    Diana DeClue

Badge #6850

Diana,

It is comforting that the professionalism is cradled in friendliness. There are some very nice people in the forums. There are some very bright, capable people here too.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Smile Hi Michael!

That is so true, which is an added benefit of membership!
    Diana DeClue

Badge #6850

Diana,

Good information and good people to communicate with. That is a good combination.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

These forums are a wonderful experience. And everyone is so nice to everyone. Most places you go into the people are downright rude or think you are stupid. I am glad that everyone here is very polite. Especially when you see the same questions asked over and over. Thanks for making this a wonderful work environment!
    Kisha Drill
    Badge Number 6988

I's true that the more forums you read and participate in, the more benefits you find!

Diana,
    You’re so right..... I cannot tell you how many times I have walked pass folks in our office and said "hello" only to have them blow you off. A little friendliness can go a long ways and I thank all of you for being professional, yet friendly.

You know, it really is amazing at how little professionalism and common courtsey you do find in allot of places. Especially places that claim to be "guest service" oriented! I am actually very pleased at the pleasant, helpful and somtimes excited and enthusiastic tones I have found in every forum I have visited so far. It feels good to know there are at least some folks left out there that know what these two qualities are........

Everyone here has been so friendly and helpful and I know what you mean about the workplace, I work at 2 different places and they both are just like night and day one if you speak to someone they just look at you and the other treats me like I am one of them not just a receptionist they include me in alot of their activities which makes me feel like I am appreciated. Just like here, we are all here to help one another, I am more than willing to help anybody if they ever needed it. Everyone have a great 4th of July.

I'm brand new at IPIU and I already like this friendly but professional atmosphere. I look forward to working with you in the years to come.

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisha Drill
    These forums are a wonderful experience. And everyone is so nice to everyone. Most places you go into the people are downright rude or think you are stupid. I am glad that everyone here is very polite. Especially when you see the same questions asked over and over. Thanks for making this a wonderful work environment!

Kisha,
    I couldn't agree with you more. I've found more and more young people these days to be extremely rude. Even customer service reps who are there to supposedly "help". They might as well just say, "Yeah, yeah...wadaya want?"

I think the moderators here at IPIU deserve a big THANK YOU,
    for all their patience and understanding.

Thanks, IPIU!

What an excellent point you make!

I am so glad to finally find a place that has respect, professionalism, kindness and guidance. This is a wonderful place to learn.

Thank you everyone!!!!!

Thank you IPIU!!!!

Patti

I agree it is a very respectful place with caring and sharing.

Dear Diana,
    I can not agree with you more. What has happened to humanity. Just saying hello with a smile can make someones day. I know I want to be treated with respect so therefore I give it where it is due, sometimes I even give it to someone who doesn't deserve it in the hopes that it will wake them up. If we all tried just a little this world would be in better shape. take care , keep strong and most of all keep smiling.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

Exclamation IPIU and It's Members Thanks to you!!!

To all who have posted here, I think many of us have worked for the same place before too!!! I would never be able to say enough good about everyone here and IPIU, Thanks to you I am: " Living The Dream Come True" IPIU and Everyone here has been an inspiration to me, given me support, and the desire to continue to strive to be the best I possibly can be in this career!! Thanks again to Everyone!!!

I've found the professionalism and friendly attitude in the forums to be helpful when seeking information.

I couldn't agree more. To act in a courteous, respectful manner is very professional. Professionalism is what it is all about. There are many elements to any successful organization, but to be professional is key.

I think that the younger generation has lost touch with respect. Please and Thank you is like a lost word for a lot of them. I have found that more of the people that still live in the country has a lot more respect for people than people that live in cities. Not saying that they dont have respect or manners in the cities. As a father of 2 wonderful boys I am trying to raise them with manners and respect that everyone deserves. I have gotten many compliments from people at restraunts and places we go about how good our boys are. I hope that it sticks with them. IPIU is so family oriented they have earned a lot of respect from a lot of members. I am proud to be a member of IPIU...

Dale

A lot of youngsters go through a phase where they act unplesant. I meet so many polite, kind young adults. I think as they mature they go back to the proper behavior they learned and for a while rejected.