Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

I have been in the forums for many weeks and it keeps getting better.

By having so much experience in the forums for Levels 1-3, I was prepared for the experiences in the Level 4 forums. At least the environment was the same, and many of the people are the same.

If I had waited until I was Level 4 to try the forums, I would not be able to find the things I need in the Level 4 forums. The things that are going to put money in my pocket.

So, get out there and read, read, and reread. Once is not enough. And have some fun.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    Isn't that the truth!

We have the most problems with newcomers who wait until they arrive at Level 4 before starting their forum participation. And of course, they have a thousand questions that they need to cram into Level 4 when they could have enjoyed the journey from Level 1, and have met a lot of new friends along the way.

Thank you for your post, Michael.

David,

Thank you.

I have noticed the same thing in the week or so that I have been in the Level 4 forums.

I wasted the first month of my membership not posting or even reading. It took a polite (nag) email from Agent Relations to get me moving; Thank you Agent Relations. And it took the encouragement of so many nice people in the forums to keep me in the right direction.
    Last edited by Michael Harris; 09-20-2003 at 08:37 PM.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Aloha! Michael,

Great advice have a good day...

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

With A Power Greater Than Yourself
    All Things Is Possible.........

Badge# 6821

Sunya,

Those of us on the East Coast who missed the real force of Isable wish those of you in the middle of the Pacific Ocean a great day!

Mahalo Michael I'm glad you wasn't hurt. My sympathy and empathy goes out to those that have to start over. Have a great day.....

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Sunya,

I live about 45 miles east of Philadelphia and we were spared. I heard on the news tonight that they still have people around Philadelphia without power. At least the weather is good now - sunny and low- to mid-70s, but the humidity is still a little high.

Thank GOD you are alright and the weather is turing out to be nice. I hope you have power or at least a generator. Here has been humid and hot w/ no trade winds. We are catching the end of a tropical depression. Have a good evening and talk to you soon....

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Re: A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Originally posted by Michael Harris

By having so much experience in the forums for Levels 1-3, I was prepared for the experiences in the Level 4 forums. At least the environment was the same, and many of the people are the same.

If I had waited until I was Level 4 to try the forums, I would not be able to find the things I need in the Level 4 forums. The things that are going to put money in my pocket.

So, get out there and read, read, and reread. Once is not enough. And have some fun.

Hi Michael,

You always have such good advice. I still can't believe how many posted comments you have in such a short time. I'm looking forward to 'navigating' through level 4. Patience is a virtue I'm happy to say I have MOST of the time!!

I'm glad to hear to came through the storm alright.

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

Colleen,

You are good for my ego (not that I have a big one, but you say such nice things). It is the nice comments I get from others in the forums that make me want to comment.

Level 4 is different, but reading and commenting in the other forums is going to make your Level 4 experience much more rewarding (and rewarding much sooner).

Hello Michael,

I did about the same thing. I waited a month or so before I got started here also. It really does seem to get easier the more you come to the forums and read and post.

I do see your posts everywhere here. Do you say online 24/7 or what? Or are there two or three of you with the same name using the same log in? Ha ha

I wish you the best in life and with IPIU and being a PI.

Take care and have a great day.
    Allen

Badge #5780

Boyd,

I work for myself and have great flexibility. This week, I am having trouble getting on the Internet from my hotel in Wichita, KS - I live in south Jersey.

I had wanted to spend more time on becoming a PI, but an old boss called me and made me an offer I could not refuse - so I am consulting a week or so each month. Some of the sstuff is time zones, but most is that I am up at any hour.

With a fast computer, and being able to read and type quickly, I can post frequently. I have been unable to access the forums for four days and I am getting behind.

Michael,

Wichita is where I'm from when I was a little fella. I'm still not very big! ha ha I haven't been there for years. Hard to imagine flying to Wichita to work, but someone has to do it. Have fun!

Rod Elliott

Michael,

Congrats on your job offer. You won't get behind to much. You always have a way to get back into the big picture. You are GREAT!! I am always happy when I read your posts. Keep up the good work.
    Kisha Drill
    Badge Number 6988

Thumbs up I have to agree with the rest of you

I too have enjoyed, not only reading Michaels comments, but also many many others.

You really are awsome Michael......

ALL of you keep up the GREAT WORK!!! I'm learning ALOT!!

Sheila Rucker

Sheila,

Your comment would make me blush if I still had the ability to blush.

Thank you for your kind words. That is the kind of encouragement that we all need in here.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:

Re: I have to agree with the rest of you

Originally posted by Sheila Rucker
    I too have enjoyed, not only reading Michaels comments, but also many many others.

You really are awsome Michael......

ALL of you keep up the GREAT WORK!!! I'm learning ALOT!!

Sheila Rucker
    Sheila,

I agree Michael is a hard woker his comments are funny.. Oh and Michael don't worry about that vacation now LOL I seem them bulls flying hahaha

Oh Michael good work your up to 2000+ comments

Edward,

Thank you. Somehow I lost the Senior part of the title.

Michael,

Thats funny most people want to drop the "senior" as they get older...

Well for what it's worth, it's obvious that you are "tops" in a lot of peoples eyes at IPIU. You are a great model.

I especially like some of the original topics you have authored here on the forums.

I wish I were only half as good at reading and posting (so quickly) as you are!

Thanks for all your input.

Hi, Michael

I just want to say I think it's amazing that your number of comments includes that first month of being mum. I'm really impressed. I also enjoy reading some of your comments and advice. Kinda hard to miss - they're all over the place! (Just curious - on the average, how many times do you post per day? Also, do you have DSL?)

Thanks for helping to make the forum discussions not just informative, but lively and interesting!

Yours truly,

Cecilia
    "I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

Lisa,

When you are as old as I am, you will have developed the ability to read quickly and to type fast.

It also helps to have a fast computer and a cable Internet connection.

When you are Irish and have the "gift of gab", communicating comes easily.

Your skills are improving. You just cannot see it from your perspective.

Smile

Thank you for the kind words, Michael.

You are right, it is hard to evaluate myself. So it was great to have the input.

I have access to level 3 now, so my manual and test should arrive any day now.

I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into additional reading.

Thanks again.

Re: A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Originally posted by Michael Harris

Aloha Michael,

I agree with you whole heartedly.

The more I explore, the more I learn.
    I hopefully will be receiving my manual this week. I can't wait until I'm at Level 4 so I can explore all the new Forums.

We are in this for the Love of Investigasting and Money!
    Anything that assists us in securing finacial security is foolish to overlook.

Best of Luck
    See you around the Forums.

Eric Cohen

Wink I didn't mean to make you (almost) Blush Michael

Being complimented for your hard work and dedication should never make you blush Michael. Just hold your head high and feel the goodness in all you've done and accomplished.

I just wish I had more time to "study" here in the forums and come up in the ranks as well as you have.

THANK YOU!
    Sheila

Michael, you refer to yourself as old. Well, you can't be older than me, because I used to babysit Methuselah. . I agree with starting out by reading and responding to as many forums as possible, and not waiting. I pushed myself to get 100 posts 2 weeks after I started here. That hard work has paid off in a stronger sense of self-confidence.

I was in that situation a month a go or so, now I find myself reading more. I believe it will help me in the long run. I don't have to ask as many questions, because as I read, my questions are being answered.

Thanks for the story.
    Meronda Kelly
    Badge #6852

It is nice to know I am not alone in my experiences. Thanks for the good words.

It is piteous how a long speech could be sometimes shallow of content and conclusions.

It is amazing how the 4-paragraph story of Michael represents a general and syntetic Guide for new (and older) IPIU
    Forum members.

My feelings, greetings, and wishes are included in the comments already posted.

Thumbs up Michael You're Everywhere

Hello Michael,

How are you? I'll answer for you GREAT. I have to agree with other members, now that I'm able to navigate and have higher access to different forums. I see you everywhere I'm allow to go. Your comments are always inspirational and inspiring.

If someone is at a low, you know how to bring them back up. Sometimes all it takes is to tell someone you can do it. I know personally you do this, because you did it for me.

Remember, I was concern with starting a new career at the age of 50? Your words were very encouraging and my fear left. Well, I've recieved my ID and I'm waiting on my manual and test. I post to forums that interest me, I help whenever I can. I try to give back what you gave to me Mike.

To all the IPIU members, moderators, and administrators I thank you all for being there when we need you.

Mike I just learned how to put images in my messages, so I'm putting one in for you.
    God Bless You

Mary
    I am grandmom's baby

Mary,

I am sorry that I am two months late in saying Thank You, but I have been absent form the IPIU forums for far too long. I left a post in the Chit-chat thread to explain a little.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Communicating...

Michael:

I, too, always enjoy reading your posts. I'm also glad I jumped in with both feet at this level. Otherwise I would be so overwhelmed I would not do a good job.

My training and experience as a teacher probably plays into that. I believe in learning concept upon concept building as I go.

Mary

Mary,

I had to jump in and just do it. That sounds like a tagline for a commercial.

Read & Read

Hello Michael,

I have been doing what you have said, which is to read and re-read again. I am in level I, but I am tring to take advantage of all the information and assistance to me at this level before I move on.

Thank-you so very much.

Hi Alfonso,

The advice Michael gave is priceless. Read as much as possible and reply as often as you can. You can only learn if you do. Good luck!

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

Colleen,

Thank you for your support.

To be fair, I am semi-retired and have some time to read and write. I am a student (almost continuously since 1955), read very fast and comprehend well. and love to read and learn.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Great thread everybody. I agree 100% and I can barely wait to get to level 4... tick tick tick... mailman still hasn't arrived today... tick tick tick... ok, so I will continue my reading online...

Oh Michael - I just your post at the top of this topic - I did the same thing as you (and I see many others). I just signed up and then didn't do much until I got the "reminder" post about doing my intro. Ever since then I read as often as I can. I find, though, that once I open the forum and start reading again, I lose track of time and hours pass. I sure have been losing out on lots of sleep, but gaining invaluable info.

Michael,
    I know this forum is old, but I found your words to be motiving. Even though you are at level 4 you still come back to level 1. Thanks!
    Julie Mercer

I to have found your words to motivating. I just wished I had spent more time at level 1 reading .

Lori Copaus is offline PI Agency Corporation Owner
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    That's one of the reason I haven't posted alot either. I was afraid everyone would read my post and laugh.

Lori E. Copaus
    P.I. Trainee
    Texas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast