PDA

View Full Version : Michael Devlin pleades guilty in four different Missouri courts

Luke A Slowik
10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Oct. 12, 2007 - This week, Michael Devlin pleaded guilty in four different Missouri courts to charges of abduction, sexual assault and attempted murder involving two boys: Shawn Hornbeck and William (Ben) Own by. That brought to a close a case that riveted the nation back in January when police, who were searching for Ben, found him at Devlin’s apartment along with Shawn, a teenager who had been missing for more than four years. New disturbing details about the kids’ captivity emerged during Devlin’s court appearances this week. He admitted to tying Shawn to a futon in the early days after kidnapping him, making videotapes of sexual acts with him and once nearly choking him to death, until Shawn talked Devlin out of it by promising to do whatever Devlin wanted. The plea agreement ensured that Devlin, who received multiple life sentences, will be locked away until his death--and spared the boys the trauma of having to testify in court. To learn how Shawn took the news and how his recovery is going, NEWSWEEK’s Arian Campo-Flores spoke to his parents, Craig and Pam Akers. Excerpts:

To read the interview with the parents... (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21270571/site/newsweek/)

Luke A Slowik
10-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I have followed this case from the beginning. I am glad that some form of justice will now be served. Although, I am glad that the boys were spared testifying in court and having to see there aggressor again I myself wish he would have received the death penalty. Any thoughts?

John G -
10-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey Luke.

I think that it would be nice if we could toast Devlin for all of the crimes he committed. But at least he's no longer a threat or danger to society. I hope the boys who this cheeseball harmed are able to recover fully.

Thanks for the article.

Johnny

Luke A Slowik
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey Luke.

I think that it would be nice if we could toast Devlin for all of the crimes he committed. But at least he's no longer a threat or danger to society. I hope the boys who this cheeseball harmed are able to recover fully.

Thanks for the article.

Johnny

Thanks for your comments Johnny. I agree, at least he is no longer a danger to society!