PDA

View Full Version : WISCONSIN LAW: Bail Recovery Agent

Anthony Bridgestone
01-15-2001, 09:23 PM
[b]Wis. Stat. 969.12 provides that no surety can be compensated for serving as a surety, effectively eliminating the commercial bond market. See Kahn v. McCormack, 299 N.W.2d 279 (Ct. App. 1980)(upholding constitutionality of statute and stating that purpose of the law is to eliminate the commercial bond industry).

Kathleen O'Connell
03-11-2004, 04:40 PM
In the state of Wisconsin it is illegal to Bounty Hunt however, you can locate and call in law enforcement to do the arrest.
I have done a few of these to gain experience. I am looking for any info on how I can make some money doing this. I know it is possible, but I am unsure whom to contact on this.

Thank you for any help.

Donna Reagan
03-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Kathleen O'Connell
In the state of Wisconsin it is illegal to Bounty Hunt I merged your comment to this licensing topic for your state. If you have any web links to the law, please paste them into another reply. :)

Bianca Golden
07-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I recently started looking for info on the state of Wisconsin, and have also been unsuccessful.

Michael Diels
03-30-2005, 05:47 PM
There is no way to work around the law but you can work with in the law, I was also looking for answers about getting paid and I was told and checked it for myself that there is no law in Wisconsin that stops a bounty hunter from getting paid to locate a fugitive and call the local law enforcement to arrest the fugitive and go to the jail and get the proper papers to prove that the fugitive is detained.